1.11.11

Challenging myself

I've thought about doing the 30 for 30 challenge where I choose 30 of my own items of clothing and only use those for 30 days... but I already know I'd hate it. So instead, I am going to challenge myself to not buy any clothes/accessories/shoes for 30 days. This is a great time to do it since I can save some money right before the holiday season. 

Let's be honest, I am on a student budget, I need to start forming better spending habits for after I graduate, and my closet is already bursting. 

My plan is to avoid malls, thrift stores, boutiques, and Target. Shouldn't be too hard right?

I will be using the honor system and not having people buy me things, but presents are always accepted!
(Of course I will still be eating, driving, and living so some money will be spent in November)

If you're my best friend, I'm sure you're rolling your eyes right about now and thinking back to the last time we tried to do this... about 6 years ago my best friends, Abby and Liz, and I decided to give up shopping for Lent (which is funny since none of us are Catholic). It wasn't so bad, but we were also seniors in high school and had each other's wardrobes at our disposal (to borrow if desperate). Sadly, I don't have their closets to choose from now if I get bored with my closet! 

But in the end it is only 30 days! And I'm going to try really hard not to go on a spree once my 30 days are up.

So in the words of Barney Stinson: Challenge Accepted!

Anyone want to join me?

Here's to No Shopping November! 


No comments:

Post a Comment


Theme presented by Feeric Studios.© 2014
Back to Top