28.8.12

Portland Blogger Meet Up: August



Sunday was my first day back after wrapping up my summer job {camp!} and it was nice to jump back into real life and go to a Portland Blogger Meet Up! This one was photography focused and it was so nice to see familiar faces and meet new people! 
Jenni and Suzannah did a great job planning the meet up, as always. 
I'm always glad to help, even if it's not much!

It was nice to meet everyone and connect with Linnea Paulina, Jade Rose, Macey, and see Laura again! It's interesting to meet new bloggers and be able to connect about little things like having your boyfriend take outfit photos or how to get the photos you want, instagram, blogging pet peeves, or how you might have only met once but feel like you know them because of their blog. 

One thing I really appreciate about the Portland Blogging community is a sense of support instead of competition. These women happily congratulated me on graduation, my engagement, asked genuine questions about what's next for me in my career, they look out for jobs for me, ask if there is any way they can help, while also asking for my help in the future, while also planning future photo shoots! 
It's nice to have a supportive community that I feel comfortable, supported, and supportive. 
If you're a Portland Area Blogger, I highly suggest getting connected with new Portland Blogger site and hopefully I'll see you at the next meetup!

ps. I did learn a few things; some things about my camera, iphonography, I want a new lens for my camera, I think I might start to look into getting some blog business cards made {!}, and I am still looking for help giving my blog a more professional makeover. Anyone know someone?

7 comments:

  1. WHAT?! I live in Portland and JUST found out about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love! Will tots be joining you for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, it was SO good meeting you on Sunday! I was nodding my head the whole time I was reading your post! I felt so much support and kindness from the group :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go with you sometime! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - I love the atmosphere. It's so supportive and just comfortable. I don't feel like a "wannabe" :) It was so good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, I so enjoyed meeting you at the meetup and have loved getting to know you better through social media. If you ever want to get together and chat about blog contact cards and professional layout, I'd love to help in any way I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely review!! I totally agree about the great supportive community of the Portland Bloggers group, I felt that at my first meet-up when I talked to you about Valentine's Day! And I really am excited for you about your engagement and the next phase of your life! I'm sure your blog will be keep growing, too.

    I did a VistaPrint hack business card that I added washi and fabric tape to, and they're super cute and were like $5 for the box. The blog design is also a tricky one--I had a reader trade me design for advertising time, but now I want another blog redesign and I think I wanna do it myself! Would be happy to talk about simple graphics you can make and tweaks you can do to Blogger, etc. I'm planning to work with Adi on making her blog more profesh now that she has her interior design business, too!

    ReplyDelete


Theme presented by Feeric Studios.© 2014
Back to Top