2.5.12

A Clothing Drive for Dress for Success Oregon!

Hi lovely friends and readers!

I have a great announcement!

Next week, Monday May 7th through Friday May 11th, I will be holding a women's suit/professional wear/accessory drive to support the organization Dress for Success!

"Dress for Success Oregon is a nonprofit organization that has been helping low-income women successfully transition back into the workforce since 1999. We promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life."

How many of you have a bag of clothes to get rid of sitting in the corner of your room or closet or back of your car or by your door?
I know I always have a bunch of clothes to get rid of and I would appreciate any donations possible from any of you. 
This is a great time for some spring closet cleaning and a reminder that even though sometimes we might feel like we have nothing to wear {guilty..} there are some women who really don't have much or any professional clothing. Having professional clothing and support can really affect a woman's confidence in the job search and application process.
I know when I am walking into an interview or a first day on the job I feel so much more confident when I look put together and professional.

I'm working on an image so you can share it with your readers if you so wish, but until then, here is the information:


Hosted by: Sam Rosen, PSU Child & Family Studies Honor Student, Third Party Supporter of Dress for Success Oregon

What: Collecting Women’s Suits and Professional Clothing/Accessories to support Dress for Success Oregon.

When: May 7-11

Where: Drop off sites on Portland State University campus at the Women’s Resource Center and School of Social Work Front Desk
{Email me if you're interested in hosting a drop off site at your place of work or home, I can do some personal pickups. Also email if you're in Salem and interested in donating}

Why: To benefit and support disadvantaged women entering or
re-entering the job market

Acceptable donations, all women’s sizes 00- and Plus Size 16+:
Skirt & Pant Suits
Blouses
Jackets
Pants/Slacks
Skirts
Professional Shoes
Jewelry
Scarves & Belts
Handbags & Umbrellas

Please consider all clothing donated fit in these guide lines:
Clean -- no spots or stains
Current Style -- within the last five years or timeless
Excellent Condition
On Hangers
No bags or boxes unless used for shoes/handbags/accessories.

Tax write off forms available upon request

Please email Samantha at samantharosen5@gmail.com with questions

3 comments:

  1. This is really great that you're planning this! I'll look through my closet and let you know, although I just moved last month and got rid of most of my extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thousand good karma points for you, young lady. Seriously, why are my friends so thoughtful and generous? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful cause! Good luck with the event!

    ReplyDelete


Theme presented by Feeric Studios.© 2014
Back to Top